Creating and maintaining a well-structured termbase is the basis to a whole range of other products and services. L-Pub helps you structure it right and host it centrally so you can profit from having a “single source of truth”.
Do you use a lot of technical terms on your job, or do your publications contain formulations that need explanation? Would you like to have access to consistent definitions and/or translations of these terms? Maybe you have already created a terminology, but is it updated on a regular basis and easy to access for all parties?
Let L-Pub turn your terminology into a termbase and benefit from the following:
- Web service: Your terminology can be made available to all internal and external users through a web service, which can be password-protected.
- User administration: You can define a group of users with editing rights on a system provided by L-Pub. Editors can expand and correct the terminology as needed.
- Centralized administration: No matter where they are, all users have access to the same centrally administrated and therefore always up-to-date terminology.
- API integration: Due to the flexible structure of our termbase, your terminology can be integrated via an API into your other text-based software platforms.
- L-Book: You can link words in your documents and books directly to the termbase. This enables you to create an L-Book with helpful context-based pop-ups.
- App: You can also easily create an iOS or Android app from your termbase. Your customers or employees can then look up terms or memorize them using automatically generated exercises – with a design of your choice.
If you don’t have your own terminology yet, we would be happy to create one based on your existing texts. We analyze your texts and extract all words that are not part of everyday vocabulary. In cooperation with you, we further narrow down the collection of words until we have a well-structured termbase with verified terminology. It is just as easy to create a multi-lingual terminology.
The L-Book, our core product, consists of a reading text connected to a termbase, which we can prepare on your behalf. The link between the two is established by our software in an almost fully automated process, which makes it conveniently cost-effective to create interactive digital texts.
How your readers benefit from an L-Book:
- Reference: As needed, they can access practical, context-based pop-ups with relevant reference content, such as translations or further details on a term or concept in your text.
- Practice: Your readers can create a personalized learning list which they can then practice in our automatically generated exercises.
A termbase is not limited to text alone. It can also include pictures, graphics and video, as well as audio files like recordings of native pronunciation or music. Specific words or phrases of your text are then linked to the multimedia content in the termbase. This kind of multimedia text enrichment is also a form of L-Book, whether the end product is actually sold as a book, smartphone app or meant for online reading.
Request a quote
Having a well-structured termbase opens the door to a host of other products and services. Get in touch with us to learn how you can benefit from our wide range of termbase services.